Before starting my day at the office, I usually read the latest entries on several design weblogs. This morning, an entry on the Stuff and Nonsense site caught my eye, and I thought I’d try to answer the question it posed – why do I do what I do?
With that said, here are some random thoughts:
- I’m a hopeless organizer/categorizer.
- I enjoy the satisfaction of explaining (at least when I’m able to communicate clearly and get the sense that what I’ve said makes some sense).
- I’m OK at drawing, singing, and playing the guitar.
- I’ve been in web/cd-rom technology for over 15 years.
- I love meeting people from other places.
- I feel most alive when contributing/serving.
I guess the list above doesn’t really contain answers to the question. Maybe they’re best held in contrast… the real question being – what should I be doing?
3 responses to “Why do I do what I do?”
moving to Tampa
starting a non-prof
Hopeless organizer you are. I remember sitting there at the end of the desk working on BP and you would spend 30 minutes organizing 4 manilla folders…
But, at least you can find a hard drive you put on your desk 30 minutes ago…
In honor of your memory, I’ve just adjusted everything on my desk into five neat stacks… all at right angles to each other.