Before starting my day at the office, I usually read the latest entries on several design weblogs. This morning, an entry on the Stuff and Nonsense site caught my eye, and I thought I’d try to answer the question it posed – why do I do what I do?
With that said, here are some random thoughts:
- I’m a hopeless organizer/categorizer.
- I enjoy the satisfaction of explaining (at least when I’m able to communicate clearly and get the sense that what I’ve said makes some sense).
- I’m OK at drawing, singing, and playing the guitar.
- I’ve been in web/cd-rom technology for over 15 years.
- I love meeting people from other places.
- I feel most alive when contributing/serving.
I guess the list above doesn’t really contain answers to the question. Maybe they’re best held in contrast… the real question being – what should I be doing?